West Coast Baptist College recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information about our students and others who visit our web site. Through our web site, we strive to provide valuable information to you about how we may serve you. Whether you are a valued existing student or someone considering application, we hope our site answers your question regarding your educational needs.
We may collect information that can identify you ("personal information"), such as your name and email address, (i) when you (or other users) provide it to us, or (ii) from other WCBC affiliates. We may combine the personal information that we receive from different sources.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit our website:
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users' movements around our site and understand trends
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your online experience.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should we ever do so, we will comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
How might this information be used?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience—Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve our website—We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To improve customer service—Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To process transactions—Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails—The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional ministry news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
With whom we may share information we collect
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf
- Other WCBC affiliates
- Other select companies whose products or services may be of interest to you and
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our users.
We may share aggregated, non-personal information.
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain products or services
- To stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address listed in the promotional email
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser preferences, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our website may not function properly
- To review and update your personal information by contacting us or, if you have an online account on our website, by logging into that account.
We pledge that when you communicate with us via e-mail or form submission, we will use your information only for the specific purpose of responding to your comments or question. Your personal information will never be sold, nor will it be shared with anyone outside of West Coast Baptist College unless we are compelled to do so by law.
When you use our services, we have access to your personal information. WCBC does not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone unless given specific permission by the student.