The standards of scholarship and Christian faith at West Coast Baptist College require a review and evaluation of every applicant. All application forms must be filled out completely. Letters of recommendation, statement of salvation testimony, moral character, integrity, and academic records will be considered. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity of the school because of race, color, sex, or national origin . However, only persons who have a testimony of biblical salvation and have a sincere desire to serve Christ are eligible for admission.
When to Apply
A prospective student may apply anytime . There is no application deadline date, but we encourage you to apply early to reserve your space. Please submit your application to the Admissions Office during your junior or senior year in high school. Once an application is received, it will be processed as soon as possible. No reservation is final until the prospective student completes all forms and receives an official letter of acceptance.
Each applicant must have the following to be considered for admission:
- A high school diploma or GED. Home-schooled students must have proof of graduation.
- Have taken either the SAT or ACT. Please have the scores sent directly to our college.
SAT College Code: 3717
ACT College Code: 0473
If you have had difficulty taking either of these tests, or if you have any questions about these procedures, please call the WCBC registrar.
- Submit a pastor’s recommendation and two additional references.
Transfer students are accepted based on the following criteria:
- All previous college transcripts are found to be satisfactory .
- A statement of good standing both spiritually and financially from the prior institution is provided.
- Any course grades under a “C” will not transfer for credit, and those credits will have to be made up.
- If the student has fewer than 26 credit hours, he may be required to submit ACT or SAT scores.
Students whose native tongue is not English must take the TOEFL examination and have their scores sent to the Registrar at West Coast Baptist College. All international students should contact the WCBC Registrar for information concerning the completion of the I-20 form.
International students must be able to establish their ability to pay tuition. Questions concerning any of these international student issues should be addressed to Mrs. Tammy Schellenberg, the college registrar. Her e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Coast Baptist College strongly urges every student to be covered by some type of health insurance. Those who do not have health insurance may sign a waiver which releases the college of any liability.
All students with cars are required to provide proof of automobile insurance along with the proof of automobile registration and a valid driver’s license.