Concerning Christian Living
- Students at West Coast Baptist College will be taught that the Christian life is a holy life.
- Students will be taught the necessity of being separated unto the Lord and away from the world.
- Students will be taught the importance of accountability to authority. Each student will also be taught that once he is in the ministry, every pastor and full-time worker should be accountable to the Word of God, to the Lord, and to a few of his peers who will help him and admonish him in his walk.
- Students will learn the meaning of the words of our Lord, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light." We will teach the joy of serving the Lord Jesus Christ and the importance of being faithful to the Lord until the end of this life, whether by death or by the rapture.
Concerning Godly Counsel
All students will be taught that the main counsel for a Christian must come from the Word of God. Furthermore, students will be taught that Jesus Christ promised the person of the Holy Spirit to every believer to guide us into truth. Finally, we will teach our students that they should seek counsel from their pastor, parents, and other godly Christians when making important decisions.
Concerning Church Growth
We will not teach the pragmatic ways of compromising Biblical doctrine for the sake of church growth. We will teach that there is no substitute for the preaching of the Word of God and personal soulwinning. Our students will be taught how to organize an effective Sunday school and soulwinning program, and they will be taught that all things should be done decently and in order. Furthermore, our students will be instructed in the ways of developing first-class materials and facilities for the purpose of being a good representation of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Students will be taught that it is God's will for local churches to support missionaries, both home and abroad, with a substantial percentage of the annual income of the church's offerings. Students will be taught that missionaries are to be esteemed as heroes of the faith. Students will be taught that Biblical qualifications and guidelines, such as those found in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1, are essential for all those in Christian ministry.
Students at West Coast Baptist College will be taught the importance of appreciating and growing spiritually through the means of godly music. Students will also be taught that worldly music and Christian rock music are destructive to their maturing as a Christian.
West Coast Baptist College believes in the importance of following the Scriptural admonitions regarding music found in Ephesians 5; therefore, our emphasis revolves around psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs.
The 200-voice choir of Lancaster Baptist Church, as well as all musical groups and instrumentalists, adhere to conservative music standards, emphasizing a distinct melody and godly music theory. Students will not, however, be taught to have a judgmental spirit of other ministries with slight variations in music style from that which is taught at West Coast Baptist College. They will be taught that a critical and judgmental spirit is as grievous to the Lord as perhaps an unintentional variation in music style by a like-minded fundamental church.
Students at West Coast Baptist College will be taught that, historically, fundamentalism is a doctrinal position based upon the Word of God. They will also be taught that historic fundamental Christians have practiced separation from churches and groups with unorthodox doctrine and worldly lifestyles. They will not be taught that fundamentalism is dependent upon any person other than the Lord Jesus Christ or upon any institution or movement.
Relationship to the Parents of Students
West Coast Baptist College recognizes the privilege of continuing the education of students and individuals who have been raised in godly homes. It is the goal of West Coast Baptist College to support the counsel of godly parents in the lives of their children. It is the student's responsibility to stay accountable to his parents regarding his spiritual, academic, and financial status as a student. West Coast Baptist College will contact parents in the event of any physical or spiritual problem in the life of their child.
Concerning Our Ministry
- We are located in an urban area where extensive and various types of outreach opportunities are available.
- The teaching staff is involved with daily ministry in the church, which keeps them practical in their application.
- We are a ministry of a church which has an aggressive outreach program balanced with discipleship.
- We are part of a church that provides an exciting atmosphere with a warm, loving, and friendly church family.
- All students who are not from Baptist churches in the nearby areas must attend Lancaster Baptist Church.
- On-campus students are permitted to return to their home churches on weekends, but are required to meet specific Christian service requirements in their home churches. (This is limited to churches in the Southern California area.)
Concerning a Student's Home Church and Pastor
West Coast Baptist College recognizes the labor of love which each home church and pastor have displayed toward any student recommended to West Coast Baptist College. Therefore, we will promote loyalty to the home church and pastor at all times. A student who withdraws from college will be encouraged to return to his home church, unless he is gainfully employed and is planning to return to school the very next semester under the counsel of his home pastor. Furthermore, students will be encouraged to spend their summer months at home. This will provide the students the opportunity to be with their families, to serve in the ministries of their home churches, and to save financially for the upcoming school year.